1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FYI MM1 & 2 headlight problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by UpstateNYer, Dec 15, 2013.

1. UpstateNYer

UpstateNYer Member

Plowed this AM without plow lights. Thought I had a problem with the 7 pin or a relay. After scouring the forum for info and going over the wiring schematic I decided to go out and check 2 items. First I made sure I had not blown a headlight fuse (it was good) and then checked the Blk/Or ground wire off the truck side of harness. Sure enough, where I had drilled and screwed the wire to the truck there was enough corrosion to make the lights fail. Sandpapered everything to bare metal and reattached. Covered the whole thing with dielectric grease and everything works good as new. Just goes to show you not to overlook the simple to fix items.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Happened to me on my old Speedcast all the time. Corrosion screwed with the ground and I lost my lights.