1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FYI '06 fuse issues

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by g.moore, Nov 7, 2006.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Just saw this on Dodge-Diesel.org and TDR. Seems Dodge changed the fuse layout for '06 and if trailer lights are shorted they trip an internal circuit breaker which must be reset by the dealer, it's not an owner resetable thing. They are recommending putting fuses in line with all of the connections going to the trailer at the plug. Doesn't affect me since mine's a '96 but for those who have one and don't know it could cause alot of problems.

2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I just recently blew out the fuse on my 06 dodge for the trailer parking lights. I will be replacing it tomorrow night, I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks for the heads up.

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

They are stating that there is no more fuse. Used to be 3 in the fuse box and 1 big one under the hood, all are gone. Go to Dodge-diesel.org and look at the new posts, its a pretty long thread. Unless you are a member you can't get into TDR but the ?'s and answers match from too many people to be BS.

4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I just replaced a 20amp fuse in my fuse box under my hood tonight. My fuse box has the fuses for the trailer harness included in it. One for the trailer parking lights, one for the trailer left turn/stop, and one for the trailer right turn/stop.