1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Future of Sidewalk Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shoeman68, Oct 30, 2012.

1. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How did I know it was going to be that video? :laughing:

It does look like fun to play with though. I wonder how much he sunk into that.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Let's be honest, that's pretty bad azz.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I'll take one!

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I put plows on my Z's, they work very well and you don't need to buy another pc. of equipment.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

That is pretty awesome now if it could be programmed to run a route on its own with no operator I'd be a buyer.

7. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

We could do our routes without leaving bed.

8. drew@tjs

drew@tjs Junior Member
    from Oregon

Sweet! I wonder what the price tag is on that??

9. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

It can be. thats just software. you would have to go set it up before winter.

the biggest problem woudl be that if they parked a car in the drive, ur kinda screwed.

also these woudl not be cheap, and you woudl need one sitting at every residential client's place, so would be a long time before you make up the money spent.

5k each * 25 + customers only paying a few hundred. a year for service.

it would need tracks and woudl have to be heavier. it would also have to be able to melt snow on top of solar panel and hope and help that will be enough to keep it charged as the customer wotn want to plug it in every day. IF they have a place to plug it in

10. birddseedd

11. birddseedd

12. birddseedd

actualy..... engine powerd. would have enough power to run a heavier machine. and would be able to store enough energy to run the time control to start the engine and begin the proccess. all you have to do is go once a month to fill up

13. jbovara

jbovara Junior Member

Im in I'll one