1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fusing fisher MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kman67rsss, Nov 29, 2013.

1. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

I'm curious as to if I should add a fuse inline between the battery and the solenoid? If so how big, 100, 125 amp? Just thinking it could save a fire if something shorts. Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

MM2 is capably of drawing up to 190amps.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No no fuse between your starter and battery. Might just be axin for trouble

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

If you do and I wouldn't, look for a 200 amp resetable breaker.

5. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

ok thanks. was curious as i was looking at an older mm1 and it had breakers between the battery and the solenoid. I guess that #4 cable will work as the fuse.

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You don't need one. Never seen one either. That's like putting a fuse on your starter wire lol

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't that what I said?

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The only fuse I have on my setup is an inline fuse between the controller power wire and the fuse panel.This is my second truck with a mm2 setup and never had a problem with wiring