1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuseable Link

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Working on an old '77 C-60 with a bbc. Have an issue with the + into the alternator and main feed. Has power from the starter out of the fuseable link but looses it up to the alternator and main feed into the cab. Rather than mess with the harnes I want to eliminate the old and replace with a seperate wire. To update from a fuseable link what would I need to accomplish? I'm thinking of one of the new style 2 prong large fuses that are found in newer vehicles. What amp should this be?

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

If I remember correctly that wire feeds the dash and is accessories, if you have the equipment find out what the max amperage that will go through the wire. Example- if 30 amps run through the wire at its highest load you could put in a 35 or 40 amp fuse.

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

it feeds into a jct bkock on the firewall.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I would think you would be good with a 30 amp fuse. Just make sure all your connections are tight and if I were you I would solder all the terminals.

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Thanks. Solder is the only way to go