1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuse ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by patchtrader, Jan 11, 2009.

1. patchtrader

patchtrader Junior Member
    from beverly

i have a 2000 f250 with mm plow will not go up left or right the lights work is this a fuse and where is it . thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Could be several things,

Controller umplugged,
    Keyed hot wire unplugged,
    Bad solenoid,
    Bad motor,
    Bad connection at grill,
    And yes, bad fuse to the controller.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Does it make sounds? Does it click? Gota describe the problem a bit more. Is joystick light up or Fishstick? Did it die in you drive way?

4. patchtrader

from beverly

i can hear the solenoid click when we move the control. i got this truck new with the plow in 2000 and this is the 1st problem with the plow . is the fuse in the isolation module ? also had a new battery put in the truck last week . plowed for three hours today and then this problem . thanks

5. patchtrader

from beverly

fuse

joystick light is on .

6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

first thing i would do is check the two fuses located on the harness near the iso/mod and clean all the grounds. If still no go take a set of jumper cables and jump from the pos terminal on the battery to the pos post on the motor and see if it runs (just give a quick tap with the cable) if it runs then you more than likely have a bad solenoid - if no run then quite possibly a bad motor. These are just a couple of quick ways to trouble shoot your plow, the fisher website has a much more comprehensive troubleshooting section that i would recomend you take a look at. Good luck, Roy

7. Crash935

try what roy said and find the mechanics guide, it will walk you through the troubleshooting.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. patchtrader

from beverly

fuse

we fixed it today it was the solenoid thanks for the help patchtrader

9. windytopwill

windytopwill Junior Member

which connector?

Would any one know? which connector controls the angle cylinders,on a 2002 MM, SOMTIMES, and not all thie time.??? the plow will go up and down ,just fine ,but will not angle,.plow justs jumps a little. then all of a sudden ,for no reason.or thats hat it seams,of cours.it will angle just fine. worked just fine the other day,and the temp.was below zero.???

10. Crash935

If you have 2 grill connectors its the onw with 9 pins, if you have 3 connectors its the one with 3 pins in it. Make sure you check where the controller plugs in also.

Does not want to angle only one way, both directions, fine when plow lowered but problems while raised?