1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuse location

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NY_plow_guy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

i am in need of help to find a fuse that i have blown, or at least i hope its a fuse, I am running my plow controller and another switch off from the the key switch power at the body 12 way brown plug at the instrument fuse block. I have checked all the fuses at that block and the engine compartment block. is there something I'm missing or where would the fuse block for it be?
  2. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

I forgott to mention that this is an 05 silverado reg cab work truck. there are 2 wires at that pug that are suposed to have power one that is 12v all the time and one that is switched and the switched one is the one that i shorted and now have no power at. i checked all the fuses in both locations and none of them are blown. is there a fuse some place else or did i burn something up?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First of all, you're describing the C4 connector (brown 12-way) in the front side of the dashboard fuse panel, and you shouldn't even be in there. There should be two grays, two tans and an orange. The grays and tans are for door lock controls and only the orange is battery hot. There are no keyed 12v dedicated sources in that connector and nothing in it should be tapped into regardless.
  4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Who wired it? How did you tap into the "only hot in run" ?