1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuse box

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jdknight75, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Can anybody tell me how to attach two wires to the fuse box? My buddy told me to stick the wires in and then put the fuse back in. It seemed to work but after about a week the wires worked there way out. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Way better idea. Go to auto zone and spend 10 bucks on a little fuse block, I think mine holds 6 fuses and wire your accessories to that... I mounted mine under the hood.
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Mini Fuse
    Or the older large ones

older large ones, you can get fuse taps (little brass that fits over them and lets you slip a wire on.
    Now you can get those for mini, but I have never had any easy time with those ones. some cover the fuse tip, some have a hole to put the tip through, the hole ones work best.

the other option, and technically I guess the easiest and best is there are fuse taps. that you plug into the fuse slot, they then have a wire you put whatever you plan to tap onto. and then install the orginal fuse, into the tap..

something like these options.
    Brass fuse taps : http://grote.com//cgi-bin/goc/goc.cgi?product_number=84-2916

think this is the other style
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you want it safe and dependable use these: Add-a-circuit

Any auto part store will have them. You can get them in both ATO and mini fuse sizes depending on what your working with.
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What is the purpose of the double fuse block ???? Can you use more than one circuit with them ?????
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's two fuses Rich because you remove an original fuse to allow you to plug the add-a-circuit into that fuse port in the panel in order to add the accessory circuit. One of the fuses in the a-a-circuit protects the original circuit, and the second fuse protects your added accessory circuit.
  7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

GOT It ...Thanks !!!
  8. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

That add a circuit is AWESOME!!!
  9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yes those are the cat's meow !!!!!seen them before they are the right way .:redbounce
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Which is the #1 reason I use them. The convenience is a plus of course as well. :waving:
  11. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Did you have trouble getting the fuses into the add a circuit?

I bought this one tonight, http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-HHH-ATM-Add-A-Fuse/dp/B000GKEXK2 , and it took a LOT of power to get the mini fuse into the add a circuit and I only got it in 1/2 way.

I'm gonna try to buy a different brand tomorrow.
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have had some that do fit a little tighter than others. But a slight wiggle with a small screwdriver fixes them right up every time.
  13. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

words of wisdom, thanks! I'll try to screw driver it tonight!