1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Funny thing happend on the way

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Apr 2, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Well we had a funny today, for an upcoming issue of Snow Business I had to get my crew together for a photo shoot. Well on the way back from the photo shoot, one of my drivers rounds a bend near the shop and sees a lawn tractor driving near the center of the road, so he pulls off to the right, and then for some reason the kid just turns right in front of him. Good news is the the driver had slowed way down, and all the tractor did was run into the side of the wheel and tire. No one was hurt, but the tractor looks heavily damaged.
    One of the funniest things in hind site I have ever seen.
    Tractor comes back up the road about 10 minutes later, 2 blown front tires,hood mangled, and smoking very badly from the muffler. Just another reason why MTD made tractors are not for commercial use.
    The kid waves and rides on, makes you wonder what type of driver he will be when he turns 16.
    Dino

2. eskals

eskals Member

He was driving in the MIDDLE of the road? What a moron. Good thing no one was hurt, or you probably would have been in trouble because of this stupid kid.

Eric

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Boy Dino, that kid was lucky. It's a good thing you have a good worker, who knows what would have happend if your driver was going faster or not with it.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Oh I know it could have been alot worse.One second earlier and he would have eaten a western v plow.
    I am very happy he is ok, offered the driver 40.00 for his trouble. Me driver declined, just told the kid to stay off the road.
    Dino

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

that tops all the crazy stuff I have sean in my day.

Only once a 15 year old kid got in a fight with his mom when they were in a car. He jumped out of a car stole a van from an equipment dealer, drove it to burger kind, and drove the van back.

Geoff