1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Funny story.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by integrityman, Feb 12, 2010.

1. integrityman

integrityman Member

Yesterday Im out plowing a residential driveway. I see a couple guys pull into the drive across the street in a great big F350 dually diesel with the humongous boss v-plow. They barrel down the drive and hit a snow drift and get stuck firm. I snicker to myself cause they aint going anywhere. (I don't know if the were trying to back drag it or what, but they sure were stuck.)

So my conscience gets the best of me and I ask them if they need help and offer to pull them out. They reluctantly accept my offer.

So, I back my trusty Chevy 1500 up and hook em up with a long tow strap and pull em out. The guy is embarrassed as a preacher caught in a *****house. He offers to pay me and I refuse- just tell him to pass along the favor.

I told him I only wish I got a picture!!! :laughing:
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, it always amazes me some of these guys that figure having a big 4x4 truck makes them better drivers/plowers, oh well i hope he learned a lesson
  3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Not a snow story but similar, I had a UPS guy knock on my door asking if I could pull him out of the mud and my Chevy 2500 managed to do it some how...UPS truck loaded with packages, I did get pictures
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

By the time this thread dies ,it will be you pulled out a fully loaded 10 wheel dump truck with you Yugo!:)
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I pulled out a triaxle dump truck just yesterday with my snowmobile as a matter of fact.
  6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Must have been riding a Yamaha!
  7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Although my ant farm is dormant this time of year there are times I have to wake em up to help my 4x4 tractor out at times. I have em ridingon the floor of the cab where it is cooler when I dont need em. Back to the F350 story, probably was the first big snow the driver ever encountered plowing and he is learning to use his brains and not just the braun of the truck.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

There's this thing called karma.

It happens all the time on Lawnsite too, people making fun of other companies.

Make sure you post all the times you push too far into a pile, or pop the plow just a little bit too far over the edge of a curb with the tires on a patch of ice you didn't know was there.

I'm sure your "trusty Chevy 1500" has seen a time or two that it has not been able to move freely on its own.
  9. buckwheat_la

lol, well i did pull out a empty school bus with my 23hp compact tractor once.
  10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That's nothin.

I once got a teenager out of bed and on the school bus!!!
  11. buckwheat_la

LMFAO, that is good, i recently was told off by my girlfriends teenage daughter, when i had asked her to do some chores, so i went and grabbed the MP3 player I was going to give her (she had wanted one for Christmas), and showed it to her, then gave it to someone else, lesson is, There is NO reasoning with a teenage girl!!!
  12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

haha I like that one Reaper
  13. S&S

S&S Junior Member

I got stuck in a bad marrige once and it cost me 10 yrs. and thousands to get out of that. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But seriosly I did get stuck in the bathroom when the door knob fell off. :D
  14. buckwheat_la

two words, prenuptual agreement
  15. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Was it an actually legit guy like us or just a fly by night guy. My buddy called me to pull his f250 with v out but couldn't get there soon enough.. and i would of took pictures of that!
  16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No problem, but when I post the picture I'll reverse so it looks like I doing the pulling out!
  17. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've yanked out two semis before... the '78 pulled one out stuck in a drift at the local Husky truck stop, approached me while I was filling up. The other was on an icy slope (not a steep one but sloped none the less) at Private Eyes, flagged me down. Took both trucks chained up in tandem to pull that one...
  18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

cool I did alot of that last storm but no lie I used my chevy 1500 4.8L to push an 18wheeler out who was stuck in one of my lots!
  19. dalejr_fan112

dalejr_fan112 Junior Member

not lying at all here: last year at my high school a kid drove on to the snow banks the plow trucks pushed up with an 06 ford F250 diesel crew cab short box with a lift, couldnt drive off of it. i came along with my 89 chevy 1500 2wd and yanked him off the bank. now i thought it was just hilarious. all true, no lies
  20. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

Oh ya.... one day I pulled my uncles plane with my Honda Spree!!!:drinkup:

We now know who the fishermen on this forum are!:D