1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fun so far this winter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scitown, Jan 20, 2009.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I came home from the first storm(s) of the season 12/19-12/21 plowed my self a spot and climbed out the passenger door of my truck because the windrowed spot would not allow me to open the drivers door. One of my (bitchass) neighbors comes stomping over and says "Nice job on the parking lot". (sarcastic bitchass neighbor), I look at her and say; "I live here, I've been plowing for three days on about 3 hours of sleep and I have to plow my own parking spot, How the F do you think I feel?" "would you like me to plow a spot for you?". The company doing the plowing at my large condo place just plain sucks. No doubt in my mind that the management company went with the lowest bidder. The complex has 7 lots with little place to put snow. One guy plowing during the storms. Maybe one or two passes per storm windrowing toward both sides of cars. Just to keep the center open. Why he thinks this will work I have no idea. He fills the spots without cars with snow and blocks everyone I mean everyone in thats already parked. Same guy comes back with his plow truck after the storm sometimes two days after the storm proceeds to get out of the truck and into the bobcat that sits in our parking lot from November-March. Takes two days after the strom to cleanup the parking lot. The guys company he is working for is a large company they just dont care about our condos. Then they hire some kids from a local boys club to shovel the steps...Two days after the storm!

I guess Im bitter because I try to make my drives and lots look nice and actually be funtional during a storm to come home to this crap. Oh and probably bitter becuase my 2007 daily driver was run into at the bottom of the hill of our complex as I was leaving to pick up my plow truck. Who needs salt and sand in the Northeast. The girl hit me so hard it totaled her car and just bent my bumper. I walk to the window and she says she doesn't know why her car did that. I laughed in her face and told her 30 miles per hour down a snow covered hill trying to stop a cars length behind a truck is not an option toyota offers yet.

Had to vent. Other than that lots of snow and lots of payup
  2. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

love the snow this year, but since we're venting, let me share:

I have an apt close to Boston, but I plow out in Sudbury. So the truck stays in Sudbury, and I drive my daily driver out there before a snow storm. So the place that I live I have off-street parking, and the place's management company hired some dumba** to plow the lot. But apparently he doesn't know how to stack snow, so our lot has been getting more and more narrow as the storms have pile on.
    Oh and forget about sanding the lot after a storm--we have these huge swaths of ice that form after every storm...

One of these warm days I might bring my truck out to the apartment, just plow myself a properly sized parking space.
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Please plow in the neighbor girl. She deserves it.
  4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Yes she does. Ill have to plan it just right. Ill have to wait until she is alone and standing next to the snow pile before plowing her snotty head in. :jester:
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Or just get her car when noone is looking!
  6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya you defiantely have to plow her in, at least once, maybe twice.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If shes good looking,maybe plow her all season.
  8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

She just thought that YOU were the nimrod they have plowing the lot. I can't blame her for being upset. I DO hope she apologized afterward. I think I would certainly be contacting the management and let them know what's going on. Tell them they had a slip and fall from a houseguest of yours or something. That'll get their attention. that is,..unless they are as braindead as the guy they hired...That seems to be common.
  9. scitown

scitown Senior Member

The property manager was standing next to my truck when I backed in about a week ago. I got out and he asked if I was the one who plowed the lot. :dizzy: I kid you not. I said no and asked what the problem was and he pointed out the condos next store had some ice damning up over the entrances and the steps where freezing. I said "oh". "The company that plows can't even plow and you want them to climb on an icy roof?" He looked at the lot and said yeah we've had a bunch of complaints. Then asked who he should call about the gutters. HA I told him a roofer or gutter company would probably be insured for the work.

So yes they are clueless.
  10. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I was kidding about plowing her into the snow bank. But seriously I will plow her car in. :realmad: