1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Trip vs. Trip Bar

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lowrider, Oct 28, 2006.

1. lowrider

lowrider Junior Member

Have used Fisher for the past 25 years thinking of switching to Boss 8.6 or 8 .0 foot.Would like 8.6 for my 05 Dodge 2500 CTD Quad but not sure how easy they trip or if you can stack with one. any info on the two styles would be great. Thanks

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

That plow shouldn't trip unless you hit something pretty hard. Trip edge or full trip dont effect the way a plow stacks snow.

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

youll probably never hit anything this big but say you hit a big curb or man hole thats taller than the trip edge...full trip is better the whole thing braces on the springs

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I just installed the trip edge 8', havent used it yet but have used Fishers in the past and i like it. They seem to work a little better in the heavy snow. Ive got the full trip on my other truck and in the wet heavy snow the thing trips over a lot (even with the springs tightened up)

5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

My big problem with the full trip was that with a prevoius Merers that I had and on several others that I saw is that when we got heavy wet snow and tried to stack it that the top of the plow would fold back and bend the eyes on the springs the you wound up with aplow that leaned backwards at a pretty good angle.

6. lowrider

lowrider Junior Member

thanks for the help going with 8' full trip for $ 3890 installed. Not bad I think. :)