1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Trip Plow Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bike5200, Jan 1, 2009.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I use a 8 foot full trip plow on my skid. This is a plow I use to use on my dump but since I plow with my 2500HD I converted this plow to use on my skid. Pushing with a straight plow is not efficient and I always wanted to some way box this plow. I added Pro Wings on truck plow and was going to fit them to the skid plow but I did this conversion to the plow. These wings can be removed if needed. I use material that I had in my shop and all I bought was the two 1/4 inch plates and misc. fasteners. I should have a little more than $ 100.00 in this.

The first pic is part of the hinge welded to the plow

The second pic is the other part of the hinge

The third pic is the end plate or wing

IMG_0151 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0152 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0153 (Medium).JPG

2. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The first pic is the wing on the plow

The second pic is the plow tripped. When the plow trips the wing will float on the pavement and the plow will trip between the wings

IMG_0158 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0161 (Medium).JPG

3. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Dude , I tried that already , good luck .

I squashed mine :dizzy:

4. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The bolt will keep the wing from moving in and out, the slot is so the plow can trip.
    There is a pin to the right of the pipe this is to lock the plow wing up off the pavement.

IMG_0163 (Medium).JPG

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Jus a suggestion but you need to round the front edge up like 8" or put at least a 45 on it with some flat bar to go over curbs or anything else your end plates might catch. JMO

6. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

a couple of pics of the wing

IMG_0170 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0171 (Medium).JPG

7. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Well do you think this will work, I only use the skid when we get 8 + inches of snow. Where I am at we average 12-14 inches of snow a winter.

Steve

8. Turbodiesel

I gussetted mine also . Thing hit an inlet and folded it like a newspaper.:dizzy:

9. Turbodiesel

YES , but go slow ....REALLY SLOW being sure you know the area your clearing :cry:

very nice work !

10. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I am not done yet, I saw I need to that today. My skid is single speed so I will not be traveling that fast

11. Turbodiesel

52 , be sure to post final project.ussmileyflag

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They sure look heavy. If they fold I have a feeling you will feel the hit when they do.

13. Turbodiesel

Wear a hard hat ..............:cry:

14. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That is true, but the plow is right in front of you with with skid. I will take a pic tomorrow of where I will use this, it's a wide open commercial lot. The wing rest on the plow and do not touch the pavement unless the plow trips. They are up about 3/8 of an inch from the pavement. I think it can't be any worse than using a bucket which most contractors use around here.

15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I will be interested in seeing how they work for you as I have wanted to do the same thing for year's.

Wings are just not rt for the kind of work I do and I need the 7' 6" width for drive-thru's and such where there is only so much space allowed. If I was not paid by the hour I would have invested in a V-plow by now or made up something like you have because there are some nights on my last lot where I am cussing myself red trying to move a pile down a lane.

16. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I am interested too, but need snow and we have not had any yet.

17. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Finally got to use my skid to push some snow last week. The wings work great. It was nice to be able to carry snow across the lot. When the plow tripped the wings just rode on the pavement like I wanted them to.

IMG_0259 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0261 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0264 (Medium).JPG

18. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i like how the plow trips...last year my sub built a box that didn't trip and he knocked off a gas tank cap that cost me $1800 in repairs....

19. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd have said a mouthpiece instead of a helmet but hey it looks like it does a nice job. Maybe you should use te skiddy on that site all the time and free up your truck for other things, or double team it and get home sooner.....

20. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you can buy a pro-tech pusher for 600.00, brand new...