1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

full trip or edge trip

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnandplow42, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

hey guys. What do you prefer: Edge trip plows or Full trip plows. What are your preferences, reasons, and experiences with them.

thanks a lot, any input would be greatly appreciated

*this isn't a western vs. fisher post lol
  2. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

Put on your flame suit... Just kiddin... Do a search and you'll find more than you ever wanted to know.
  3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

In a quick way, a trip edge is better for gravel, or areas youa re farmiliar with as the one problem with trip edge is if an obstacle is taller then the trip edge it won't feel very good. Most prefer fulltrip for this reason.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

full trip is better on the trucks front end
  5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

let me know what your smokin, I can use some to help kill my back pain

and I have to do the obligitory "SEARCH NEWBIE" because this topic has been hashed out so many times sence 1999 that I cant even remember

I will give you a quick "search at a glance"

A full trip plow is good to have when you slam that island at 15 mph ya know the one that the compeditor took the marking stakes from. but when it trips on anything else you have the rotational mass of the blade slamming back onto the stops that jerks the whole front of the truck

a trip edge is good for doing concrete driveways that are uneven, concrete parking lots that are uneven, gravel drives and are good with heavy wet snow
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe you could back this up with facts?? This is like saying Dodge is better than Ford.
  7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

All Western Pro plows have a shock to absorb most of this back lash. When mine trips it has been much less of a shock then what I have experienced with Fisher trip edge blades....
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

It all depends on what the plow is tripping on. Clearing parking lots my fisher may trip over an uneven surface and its not even bad i just continue on hardly losing my load.Now if i hit a curb or an island of course your gonna feel the shock as you would with any plow full trip or not. I like trip edge better as i have said in other posts.
  9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

.... or just don't hit things and don't worry about which type!

Seriously, do the search! It is often talked about after someone mentions bending a plow....

We just got off that one about three days ago...