1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full trip Fisher??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GpGuy84, Dec 17, 2003.

1. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Today I saw an old s-10 pickup with what was definately a Fisher headgear unit, but the plow that was attached had a full trip design not the usual trip edge (and it was in no was a Homesteader). I was just wondering if this was something they used to make before the current style LD series? or if someone hooked up an old Meyer or something to their Fisher head gear?? I always thought the trip edge was one of Fishers claims to fame, and was a bit confused by what i saw.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I've seen guys look for anything they could find and fit it all together to get out there to plow!
  3. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

Someone please educate me on the difference of "full trip" and
    "trip edge"??

4. Gary Dwinal

Gary Dwinal Senior Member

The difference between a full trip and a trip edge: With a full trip blade when an obstacle is encountered, the whole blade will trip forward generally dumping the load of snow at the same time. With a trip edge blade, just the bottom base angle will trip and ride up over an obstruction leaving the majority of the snow load still in the blade. BTW - the only blade FISHER sells that is not a trip edge blade design is the Homesteader plow. It sounds like the set up you saw the other day was most likely a Meyer blade on an old FISHER headgear and hydraulics.
  5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I have done this. I had a Fisher setup on a Jeep CJ-7 that was totaled after it caught fire. The plow was put on another truck. The headgear and pushbeam were tossed in a corner. I fabricated the Fisher headgear to mount on top of the Lorenz snowblower frame and then welded the pushbeam to two 6x6 pieces of angle iron and mounted that to the back of the snowblower frame. I purchased a Meyer Poly plow from a friend that had it kicking around his yard and took the A-Frame flipped it upside down rewelded the guides, cut off two of the mount tabs leaving the center ones on both sides. It hooks up to the Fisher pushbeam at just the right hieght. Here is a pic. Don't know if you are going to be able to see it that well though.

6. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

Thanks for the insight, who better to be edjumikated by! :D

Any idea what the age my Fisher is?
    It sure ain't pretty, but it sure works...