1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Trip Boss

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Snowball271, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Snowball271

Snowball271 Junior Member

Did my first plowing ever yesterday. Took it very slow, kind of frustrating. Harder than I thought. Like anything I will get better with practice. I was wondering if there is a way to make the plow not slam so much after it trips. Not sure if there is something wrong with the plow or just my operating it. But when I hit the old snow banks which are hard as a rock(which I try not to do) it trips then I lift it up and it slams back in to place. Don't know if this is normal or if I could do something different than lifting it first. Also when it trips as I am plowing down a long driveway should I stop or will it right itself and therefore just continue. Thanks for help.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Its called being a rookie,if you see the plow start to trip stop.
  3. camp61

camp61 Member

You will soon learn how to approach a pile that is frozen or you'll be fixing something. If you find it still happening on occasion try letting off the brake (after you stop) and putting it in neutral ( you have to shift to back up anyway). Lots of times it'll come back up slow, then lift. Just take it easy and take time to learn your truck and plow. You might think you're plowing fast by ramming around but you won't plow anything when you break.