1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full-Time Jobs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowboyBlake, Nov 15, 2004.

1. I have been plowing for a few years now. I just graduated last year and have since picked up a lot of work. I am starting an apprenticeship at the end of the month and was wondering what all of you guys on here do if it snows during the daytime and you're at work. I will be working 7-3.30 and wondered what everyone does. I have mostly commercial offices and some driveways but the driveways it doesn't matter when they get done. Thanks a lot and HOPE FOR SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

full time remodeling contractor, when it snows I plow, then go to the job site.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I thought you we're going to sub out Perkins & Sons Snow Removal? ;)

4. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I am a full time firefighter. I am going to do some sub/fill in work for a friend who is also a firefighter and works the exact opposite shift from me. That way if it snows when I am at work he plows or when he is at work I plow. And if we get really buried one of takes the day off and both plow.

At least that is the plan.

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Same as bgingros
    96 Dodge ram 2500 V 10
    BOSS 8.2 V

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

What about Boast Enterprises, I will make that 4 hour trip to help you out buddy!! :rolleyes: How many sick days do you have?? Does the place you are working have a parking lot??? What about your family, any potential plow drivers??? :waving:

7. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I get 4 weeks a year vacation...I have never had a day off so to speak..Save them all for the storms..works out better that way.

8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze...I Think I'm catching a cold....

I've saved up enough time to take off when I need to. Worst comes to worst, I'll come down with the flu.

9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I do computer work during the day but my boss lets me take any time off I need to make more money payup

10. Well guys,
    I haven't even started yet. I'm not too sure about the sick days when it could snow and I haven't even worked there for a MONTH!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to just work something out. :waving: It can be done even if I have to call Perkin's & Sons.......... Maybe Boast would be a better choice............... :rolleyes:

11. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Me too , I sit in a cubicle writing software and websites all day. I try to save the off days for the winter. And even if I don't have any well than its "cough cough sneeze sneeze" Sometimes I pull an all niter and go straight to the office in the morning. Got get that cash payup so I can :drinkup:

12. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I'm in a similar situation. If I have to, I'll pull an all nighter. :dizzy:

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You better call Boast, I'm all booked up. ;)

14. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I plow for a living.
    When it doesn't snow I go hunting, fishing, walks on the beach with my wife, watch TV, work around the shop, day dream, answer questions on Plowsite, look at new equipment to buy, bug the hell out of my wife, nap, pray for snow, I am planning a new house this year on the beach ware I can go fishing before breakfast for breakfast.
    Realy I can do anything I want till it snows then all hell brakes loose.

15. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

3 season trucker. I take the winter off to plow.

16. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

Full Time College Student....
    Work Part Time at the college....
    Work Full Time for my boyfriends Used Car Dealership doing paperwork and legal junk...

somewhere in the course of the day I try to find time to sleep and eat. :alien:

oh.... and do homework, housework, gardening and, and, and, and, and....

17. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

General contractor, Custom home builder ,Snowplow contractor.When everything is running smoothly I have enough people to cover them all. Even a secretary to take the in-flood of calls during a storm. So I can just watch cartoons or whatever. But I always help wherever I'm needed most. As I am always the one called at 4:00 am because of broken equipment. Oh-well, part of the business.

18. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Database Analyst/Architect. I have 3 personal days, 3 weeks vacation and unlimited sick time (company policy). I also work from home 2 days a week! Actualy my boss is great too so I got it good.

Let it snow like a MOFO!!!

19. ODOWD

ODOWD Junior Member

Lawncare,landscaping, Prepare For Snow

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Retired from my office job last Dec 1st. Built up the snowplowing as a full time job. Added general hauling last summer and firewood this winter.

I tell people "a little bit of this; a little bit of that and a whole lot of nothing". :drinkup: