1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

full sized vs mid sized ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fords4wheeling, Jun 19, 2013.

1. fords4wheeling

fords4wheeling Junior Member
    from vermont

howdy, i am looking for alittle insight into which of the following would be better for my situation, i own both truck's out right and would only be buying the plow setup for either or,

truck #1 full sized

1994 chevy K1500 regular cab long bed, 350 V8, automatic, 4wd, heavy duty suspension, i would be buying a fisher speedcast 7 1/2 foot plow setup for $400 if i went this route, also the owner is going to throw in a large box of random spare part's if i buy this setup,

truck #2 mid sized

1989 ford ranger , extra cab short bed, 2.9 V6 5 speed standard, 4wd, i would be buying a 6 1/2 foot fisher speedcast for roughly $450 if i went this route,

i would mainly be doing just a 3/4 to 1 mile long down hill driveway, and a small yard with either setup, i usually get about 10 to 12 inches of snow at one time on average,

i know the full sized truck would be less likely to slide around because it weigh's more, but the smaller truck would do better in the tight area's,

basicly just wondering what other's with a similar situation use and how well it work's for them, thanks for any insight and opinion's
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I'd rather plow a mile long road with the 7'6 over the 6'6 any day. I'm just not fond of little plows.