1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full sized vans for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pelican briefs, Jun 9, 2002.

1. pelican briefs

pelican briefs Junior Member

My property is slowly sinking lower and lower in relation to the crown in the road. One of my parking spaces is half under water [2"] when ever it rains, snows or combo of both. The only problem I have is with all that water My snow blower turns into an ice maker. I have a Ford van E150 that I need for business. I could trade it in for a 4X4 and get a plow for it to plow out the snow in that bad parking spot. The van is really closer to what I need though. I'm sitting here wondering if there is a plow that will fit on this 96 Ford van, or maybe some kind of snow blower that works well in wet conditions. Any advice from you snow experts would be welcome. Thanks in advance!!!!!! Leo
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

For me I would say no way.

Call around to the local suppliers for snow plows and ask each one if there is a plow made for your vechile, or you could email each manufactuer.

3. pelican briefs

pelican briefs Junior Member

OK Rick,
    Thanks for the reply, trade in time I guess. Come to think of it, never have seen a van with a plow on it...Leo
  4. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

I actually saw a mid 80's ford van converted to 4x4 with a meyer plow on it. Very interesting set-up.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

There are a few in my area. All Fords (Go Figure). Mount a solid axle under the front and run 4x4. All of them here have Fisher Plows.