1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full size vers mini lightbars

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Omaha Plowboy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

[​IMG] What do you run ??? I prefer a full size lightbar. I'm running a old Federal Signal JetSonic lightbar. Former cop car lightbar.
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I have run one mini two mini's and a full on different trucks I like them all aslong as they flash alot.
  3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Different applications means different lights. Not everybody that plows, want a big ol lightbar on their vehicle yearround. While some worktrucks may have them and some not. A mini bar gets the job done as well. I can see if the truck is for work then why not. But if its something for you and the family too, then a magnet mount is the way to go.
  4. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

I hear ya. I took my lightbar off over the summer. Didn't matter, the K5 just sat in the back of the shop. Boss had a mini light on it when I got in it at the beginning of last season. After a couple close calls with idjets, I bought the full size lightbar. The idjets see it way better. I honestly believe they think I'm a cop and get out of the way. We plow Blockbuster video stores. The worst ones are up in the ghetto. (3 sites in the ghetto) Those idjets up there will rush in and park right infront/behind you and hope you hit their car so they can collect some insurance $$$$$. Once the full size lightbar went on, 99% of that problem stopped. That was my only gripe, plowing in North Omaha sucked. Wait for a car to move, then before you can make one swipe, another car would rush in and park right where ya need too go. Amazing how an old cop lightbar stopped that with a quickness, LOL.