1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Size Lightbars

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stik208, May 27, 2005.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

How many of you guys run full size light bars on your personal vehicles? Of you do could you post some pictures for me? Im trying to decide on a Vista (already have) on my Ranger.

Thanks,

Jason

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I have a fully loaded vista bar on my dump truck. BRIGHT bar! This bar has more lights on it than the city squad cars. Only by two lights though :)
    Plan on getting an LED bar though This bar is only 4 months old from when I bought it, Up for grabs, Ill let this go for $500

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

i've got the mx7000 on all my personal trucks.Love em and wont buy any other.

file001MA10686743-0003.jpg

4. Stik208

I have an appointment on friday to get it done. I have it spread so the hooks so they just need to chop a little off and bolt it under the weather stripping on the door. I cant wait.

Jason

5. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Heres one of a Federal signal LED bar I got on my ford.

ford09.jpg

6. n1alx

n1alx Junior Member

Nice, is that the Raydian LED lightbar???

I've been looking at one for FD use. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking???

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

No thats the JetStream LED with 22 LED modules. I got it for like $850 a couple of months ago from AW direct. Their price is now like $1500. Its very bright. I just got a tomar Dash LED that is the brightest thing I have ever seen. My next bar will be A 60" Tomar LED.

8. Stik208

I like how that light looks up on top of your truck plowdude. I have seen it lit up if it is the same truck i am thinking of and it looks excellent why would you want to get rid of it?

Jason

9. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I wouldn't get rid of it but when I get My next truck I'm going with TOMAR because they are super bright.

10. Stik208

Here it is....

New A.jpg

New B.jpg

New C.jpg

New D.jpg

11. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Hey Plowdude, Colud we see some pics of the LED " In Action: all lite up? Thanks Ryan

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have to laugh at people I see with Plow trucks with full size (Bulb lite) light bars, ROOKIES! The things pulls OH MY GOD amount of amps when running. Headlights-->14 amps,Light Bar-->20+ amps, heater blower, cell phone charger, plow pump, battery charging = 60 or so amps at idle A 150 amp alternator only puts out 50 amps at idle to 2k RPM.
    Go full size LED if you can afford it. Much less AMP draw!

13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

heres one of it on. Some how got it at the right time with them all on.

Front of bar 01.JPG

14. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

heres one of the back

Backof bar 01.JPG

15. John O.

John O. Member

Did you sell the light bar already

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Sorry no. What I do have is a whelen mini edge bar 9m newer style and I also have 4 brand new whelen TIR3 LEDs for sale. $375 for mini edge and $52 each for the TIR3s or all 4 for $205

17. John O.

John O. Member

18. Stik208

John O,
    If you are interested in a Vista bar i have one with control box. It has 5 rotators, clear domes, 2 amber filters, 2 takedowns, 2 rear amber flashers, 2 intersection sweep lights, l+r alley lights. I am looking to get rid of this bar. I am looking for $300 if your intersted.

Jason

19. John O.

John O. Member

Pics?>>?>>?>>?

20. Stik208

4 pics in post number 10 entitled New A - D Everything works perfect.

Jason