1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full size lightbars? are they worth it

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by albhb3, Oct 29, 2008.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Just wondering if the whelen light bars are worth it or not? the full size models i am looking at are the Whelen Justice series super LED lightbar $999.99, and the lfl liberty super LED for 899.99 On the other hand for minis i was thinking of the mini justice super led 499.99 or the LP series responder LED 299.99.

I figured i would also put in whelen HAWs in the head and tail lights as well but need some suggestions of what to get from whelen as well Thanks

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

justiceis a better buy beacuse you get more leds in the bar for a cheaper price if you wanted all leds int the liberty it would cost you 1200 but if i were you i would get the mini justice

3. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I run just a mini liberty LED, and that little bar gives me PLENTY of warning power both day and night!

4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

ok just wondering. Andy ideas for the whelen hide-a-ways

5. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

What you buy depends on what you are using it for. Are you using it strictly for plowing? Are you responding to emergencies with it? If u have a full size truck and you are plowing, anything you put on the roof will be perfectly ok. If you responding with your truck, then you want something high and low, for both distance and for catching someone's eye in their rearview.

Again.....JMO

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

like others have said, just depends on what you are doing and how much you want to spend....as far as hideways, i have a 6 port 60 watt supply with four heads on it...that's plenty for me, but for not much more money you can get a whelen 90 watt power supply, which i would do if i bought another kit...

the only requirement to using all of our advice is that you have to post pics/vid when the lights are all done =]

-mike-

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

it just really boils down to how much you wanna spend ??? .. for $500 dollars the (Justice) light bar from whelen its fantastic ... good light coverage from all angles .... the responder only offers 6 leds versus Justice that offers 8 led modules .. for an extra 200 bucks .... just preference i guess ... just my .002