1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full size lightbar with sunroof

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FARTKNOCKER, Feb 13, 2015.

1. FARTKNOCKER

FARTKNOCKER Junior Member
    from Mass

Considering the option on my 2013 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab. Has anyone done it? And what type of mounting options and where did you run the cable?

2. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

A+ on your choice of username

3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I'd suggest a Backrack.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yup. back rack, and mount the bar to the back rack.

5. FARTKNOCKER

from Mass

Ugh.. Yeah. They are just plain ugly. And I hate to have to buy one of those just to mount the bar.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have a sunroof on my 14 SD. My liberty is mounted on back rack,the wires ran thru vent on back of cab

It can be mounted on roof and wiring drilled thru it. I wonder how much wind noise with roof open?

7. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Back rack is the way to go

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I forget the name but there's a bracket I've seen that uses the 3rd brake light holes. Worth looking into. Something like Acari mount I think is the name. I've always had a cab guard to mount my Lightbar to- also not sure what kind of weight it will take

9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Notta. Much cleaner look on the cab. We just drill 5 holes thru each cab on all the trucks lol.

10. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Drill holes thru the mounting feet and bolt to the roof. ooooooorrr Gutter mounts. Cable gets a designated hole as well.

11. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

not gona work for a full sized bar.

12. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Glue it to your sunroof

13. FARTKNOCKER

from Mass

Haha. I ended up mounting it with the Whelen Straps and drilled one hole in the roof. Clean look. And where the gutter mount and feet make contact with the surface, I applied a couple layers of "3M Paint Protection Film" to prevent against chaffing and scratching.