1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full size Halogen lightbar Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Just wondering how you guys with full size halogen lightbars like them. I have some extra money and am looking at a Code 3 Excalibur with 4 standard speed rotators. Is all that flashing a bit excessive or ever get annoying? How is the draw on the electriacal system while plowing? My other choice is to get a programmer for my truck. Just cant make up my mind what to do. :rolleyes:

2. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

lots of draw on the charging system, anoying as heck during snow fall, your better off with a strobe or best yet a led set up, most of those have a front shut off, so you can run the lights in the rear and leave the front off.

i went with corner strobes in the markers and tails and they work well for my needs.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

The Whelen mini-edge is a nice compromise. Compact yet bright, you can shut off front or rear depeding on how you mount and or wire it! I think they look and work well with out having that over the top tow truck look.

Light Bar.jpg

4. DaySpring Services

I have a Federal signal Highlighter right now, Im just thinking about going full size. I want halogen, im not too crazy about strobe or led bars. I also have hideaways, but rarely use them.

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

get a programmer

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have a Whelen Guardian and I love it. Best halogen there is, but it only had two rotators. I think four is a little too much IMO. You can see the Guardian forever.

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Excalibur is a good bar I like it alot. Go with it, it will look good on your truck with clear lenses and amber filters. good luck.

8. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

I going need one those flashing light bar like one in picture, where is web page on them?

9. DaySpring Services

10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

11. DeereFarmer

That website that Fernalddude posted has it at a good price too. I got mine for $135 last year. Maybe they have gone down since then, but they are a great light.

12. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

first time they went up since i last checked it was 109 they are a great place and they have them all the time .......ps nice avatar

13. DeereFarmer

Thank you very much! They are a good light and are reasonably priced IMO.

14. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict