1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Hydraulic on 95 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by spflyer, Jan 7, 2009.

1. spflyer

spflyer Junior Member

This has been a great source for someone like me who is just setting up.

Here's the deal: I have a lead on what seems like a great Fisher plow for a reasonable price. It's a Fisher 7 1/2 MM1 full hydraulic that came off a 98 Z71 1500.

I'm looking to set up my 95 Tahoe 1500, 5.7 (350).

My question is this: what's involved with installing a pump on my engine?

I have a serpentine belt on my Tahoe, and I assume that the 98 Z71 also is serpentine. Where on the engine does the pump mount, and where is the pulley attached?

I'm open to any setup, but I am leaning towards all hydraulic. From what I read here most problems seem to be related to the electircal components and it seems that the full hydraulic setups are pretty dependable.

This will be used for mostly personal use and occasionally to move my boat around in the summer so the issue of the pump on in the off season is no big deal.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Leo