1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full bar or Tir3 style?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by durafish, Oct 24, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Wondering if a used 54" whelen fully loaded amber liberty would be better or worse then hid-a-ways on front/tail lights and lights on backrack and in grill and on the sides? Comes to about the same cost too.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have all you mentioned accept the grill lights... let's put it this way I love my Liberty bar

3. durafish

from 02919

so everything plus the liberty? Any pics of the setup?

4. 1olddogtwo

Video better ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Tduxmcyc8

5. 1olddogtwo

Didn't have on the red LED on in that video.

6. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

One (big) thing you get with a light bar over hideaways is full 360 degree warning / protection. A light bar is also a hell of a lot easier to install.

7. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

8. 1olddogtwo

Rigid Industries. flush mount series. I've had them 3 years now. That bumper is off my 011, now on my 13. All my stuff is a few years old, buy good products and you'll get good life.

9. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

You think the reflection of the strobes bouncing off the plow gets annoying a 6+hrs in the cab?

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Too many lights... Its counter productive!

11. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

i would just do the one light bar i have the whelen justice and it does the job just fine

12. durafish

from 02919

I went ahead and got the bar. It's extremely bright has work lights and amber leds in front then amber and red in the back. I wired it up to the functions I wanted and made a custome switch panel built into the lower dash. I also tied the 4 corners into the running lights which I really like. It's a really clean setup. I aslo wired the mirror lights into a flasher. But after all that I think the bar is dangerously bright and then bought some small tir3 style lights for the grill and back bumper to try and outline the truck. Honestly I don't think I would get a full size bar again but I've always wanted one so I got it out of my system. Next time I'll do hideaways in the 4 corners plus the cargo light, 2 in the grill, atomic leds, something in the rear window and down by the nerfbars.
    The other truck has hideaways and a mini justice and it's clean and simple.