1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Full Action Trip VS. Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay ALC, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Anyone with different plows, what are your experiences with the trip edge vs. full trip? I'm purchasing a new Boss 8' Straight plow and they offer both now. Any opinions or suggestions would be great.

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I like the trip edge myself. However it is all I have ever used, and I have been plowin for a long time now.

Geoff

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

IMO with the exception of a v plow the full trip is easier on the truck. In very wet heavy, or ice crusted snow the full trips may not even work tho, and the bottom trip will cut through it.
    On all trucks that are employee driven they have full trip plows, except the other v plow trucks.
    Dino

5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I have both a full trip boss and a blade trip fisher. The only thing i do not like on full trip blades is when you hit an object at full angle it pushes the truck side way's , where as the blade trip will not.

6. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Thank you guys for all the info. I'm still unsure of which I will get. Don't want to hurt the vehicle (93' F-250 460), being new to plowing on my own and I want to get the best I can, the first time.

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If it was me I would get a full trip plow. That will transmit the least amount of energy to the truck. With westerns new mounting system, positive return stops and shock absober, it will transmit very little to the truck.
    Dino