1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Vent tube project using home depot stuff

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TJS, Jan 2, 2012.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, on my 02 Superduty the fuel vent tube is rotted. This is a piece of hard line that ties the tank vents together and then goes up to the canister purge set up in the left front of the truck. I went to ford to get this tube and spent a while looking it up. Well you have to buy the whole set up from font to back and they want over 300.00. So I decided to make one using home depot .500 aluminum tube. It is annealed and will bend and even flare. I am going to paint it so it will last a little longer and hopefully not rot out. I had made a jig to bend something for a previous project and just used that again, I semi flared the ends with a 37 degree flaring tool and then kind of bent the edges of the flare over to round it off. Should work and costs 11 bucks. Pics show tools and materials used.

2. Luis@ NJ

Luis@ NJ Member

Looks better then spending $300 bucks. You made it identical Thumbs Up
  3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great. I wish I could do work like that. Someday, with practice...