1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel transfer tank

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by smitty2688, Dec 14, 2008.

1. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

I have a 2008 Ram 2500 Shortbox and i am trying to put a bulk fuel transfer tank in the back to fuel up equipment but cant find one that will fit in the front of the box that will still allow me to use a toolbox as well. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions:confused:

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i know a few tool box companies make a combo deal witha tool box in front of or above the transfer tank
    ill look up a few links and post them for you

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

tractor supply would probably have them. :drinkup:

6. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

i have a weatherguard tool box with a delta L tank and all I did to make it fit was block the toolbox up with a two by four on either side and it gave me enough clearance for the tank to slide in underneath it. And I got my tank at TSC

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

ummm, almost all the tanks that are L shapped should work , depending on yoru tool box

I would highly advise putting your tank on top of 2x4s.... 5 years from now... the bottom of those tanks rusts ,then starts to leak , unless your spending th ebig bucks on aluminum or SS tanks

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He has a short box not a long box and I have a steel tank that's stayed in a truck for 20 years and it's still not rusted through. You have to make sure you get a tank for a short box as a long box tank won't fit.

9. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

here is my problem, all of the tanks that are l shaped that i can find measure 33 inches from the front of the bed to the middle of the box which puts them on top of my gooseneck ball. i need a tank 24" to fit properly and still clear all of the tounges on my trailers.

10. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

i'll measure mine tomorrow and see where it sits in relation to the gooseneck ball. I know it'll be further away since mines a longbed, but I don't know what the dimensions are to my box and fuel tank. but i am sure there is somewhere where you can get a fuel tank made for a short box with a gooseneck, you'll just have to hunt for it

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I looked at all the L shaped tanks on northern tools website and I think there was some smaller L shaped tanks on there that might fit a short bed. I'll look again later and let ya know