1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel transfer tank in Ma

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mpgall26, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Hoping some of the heavy equip guys could help. I want a 40-60g gas transfer tank/pump in the bed of my chevy 2500 to fuel machinery on site (generators). I am looking for someone in Ma who installs and knows the laws and cant find a shop anywhere near. I want it in a non commercial pickup and am not even sure if thats an option. I have no issue with inspections, just hate getting caught up with Ma PD who suck with commercial enforcement, although I'm sure in this state they would be heavily involved with such a thing. Transfer flow has a hidden one in toolbox thats awesome and nobody would know the better, but id like to at least look at doing it honestly whether hidden or not. Id appeciate and guidance you folks may have, thanks

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

3. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

All you need to do is bolt the tank to the bed, make sure you have a fire extinguisher, and go to the fire department give them $25.00 and put an orange sticker on the back window. The fine is $1,000.00 for no inspection and $1,000.00 for no fire extinguisher.

4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Be sure and brush up on the laws regarding having a tank on your truck. My cousin got bagged going through through the O'neill tunnel a few years back and received a $5000 fine - his boss was not pleased.