1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel tanks Needed for International

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Marbleman, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I am looking for fuel tanks for International 4900 series. Need two 50 gal tanks.

I have called the local International Dealer $1900.00 for both. Anyone know of any aftermarket dealers?????

Thanks Dave

2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

try some wrecking yards. A buddy of mine had one off his ih that was bulged out and leaking, and I cut out the bad section and welded in a new one. He called the IH dealer and they quoted him 900 each. Or you could have a welding shop make some.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

at work we have a few comp trucks with rot out problems. found same thing $$$$$$$

well we got strips of metel 1"wider on each side of afected area. then drained rinsed and perged with argon gas. then mig welded them on over the junk spots. installed air fitting with gauge and set to 10 psi . let sit for 1 hr no drop or if so find with soap/water and mig shut. then black painted all the tank and repairs.

still going no leaks and on the road every day.