1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel tank size??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by My bowtie, May 14, 2011.

1. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I picked up a 01 1 ton dump. Wondering how many gallons the front and back tanks hold??
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Run them out 1 at a time while keeping fuel in the other, then go fill them up. The pump won't lie.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Most GM's don't have a switch to change tanks anymore. They use fuel from both tanks at the same time. At least mine do.
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

My 07 Chevy dump holds about 50gal between both tanks....but I think its considered a 45gal setup.
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Should be 22 gal. for front tank and 18 for the auxiliary.
  6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

LOL..I like this answer..

Run em both out and find out for yourself or just keep on guessing.
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

There's no good reason to run either tank dry.Why risk sucking a higher concentration of dirt/water or possibly running a pump dry?Besides,I already stated the volume of each--22 and 18.
  8. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

thanks for the info. gas gage is a little wacky, and like you said its not a good idea 2 run em dry.