1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel System on 1986 Scottsdale

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hickorynut, Feb 21, 2003.

1. hickorynut

hickorynut Junior Member

Have a 1986 Scottsdale truck, which has dual tanks. There are three lines coming from each tank to some kind of a box or cellanoid underneath. I can not get the right side tank to pick up. What is this box underneath called and does anyone have any suggestions as to why the right side will not pick up?????
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It is a fuel selector valve which basically turns a little valve inside to direct the flow from one tanks to another.It is controlled by the switch on the dash.

I would start by checking the switch for power,and see if the power switches terminals when you flip the switch.Then check for power at the selector valve,again while flipping the switch.Its most likely the valve on the frame rail.

The three lines on each tank should be fuel supply,return,and vent
  3. hickorynut

hickorynut Junior Member

Thanks but Need Help Again

This is Hickorynut's wife and I did not post the message like he wanted me to. duh!!!!

He said that 4 of the lines are on the fuel selector valve that are cut and plugged off and he needs a diagram as to which one goes where. He says that both fuel tanks are hooked up best he can tell. Hope this makes sense.
    Ms. Hickorynut