1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by john r, Nov 9, 2014.

1. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I've been thinking about this for some time. I want to store diesel fuel in my yard for the equipment. I'm waisting time going to the gas station to fuel up. What are the best ways for storage and fuel transfer. I'm looking at a small tank of 250 or gallons.

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

I've used a recycled 275 gallon oil tank with legs in the yard, and had the fuel delivered.

I also have a 55 gallon transfer tank in one of my trucks. If you don't want to waste time by pumping 50-100 into your truck mounted transfer, only to transfer it to your holding tank, you will need to have it delivered. My yard is just 2 miles from a station that sells off road diesel, so it's no problem for me (I can transfer the 55 gallons in under two minutes).

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Call fuel places, they usually have the tanks for sale or rent.