1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel stabilizer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by heavyiron, Nov 24, 2009.

1. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Anybody have a preferred brand of fuel (gasoline) stabilizer they use? A few of my old pieces sit for months and I'd like to use a good quality stabilizer. It would be with both carb and injected engines.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Seafoam. After using Sta-bil for a number of years I found the Seafoam is better. Does a better job and for longer periods.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's the prescribed dosage, oh great one?

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I use seafoam as well. I don't remember what they say for a mix. I think their site is seafoamsales.com. If you want to use stabil, use the marine version of it.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

One can per 20 gallon is my preferred treatment. Tough to over treat with it regardless.

6. saynow

saynow Junior Member

How often? I put a can in every 3 fill ups. Tank holds 22 gal. That's not overtreating is it?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's virtually impossible to over treat with SF...within reason of course.

8. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I put a whole can in one of my mower this year not thinking when I poured it. Smoke some but cleaned it and workin better.

9. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Thanks for the knowledge, B&B and 06Sierra. I'm going to run Seafoam from now on.

10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder how it got the name Sea Foam ???????
    Maybe I shouldn't ask ........