1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel pump problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 2.2hemi, May 4, 2007.

1. 2.2hemi

2.2hemi Junior Member
    from wi

i have a 2001 2500 cummins diesel. i have a check engine light came on. the code is p0255. it is Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Intermittent (Cam/Rotor/Injector). dose any know what that might. i heard that it is a fuel pump problem. please help!:help:
  2. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

Check MAP sensor
  3. jdr160

jdr160 Junior Member

Check out this site. I just ahd to instal a Injection Pump and a lift pump in my 99 Cummins. The 2nd Generation trucks between 1998.5 - 2003 have a lot of problems with the fuel pressure.

Good luck.

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

just hope its your lift pump and not your injection pump. the 2nd generations are bad about the lift pumps going out which makes the injection pump do all the work then it goes out too. the lift pump isnt that $$ but the inj is big $$. after you get it fixed get a fuel pressure gauge and keep and eye on that fuel pressure.