1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel pump location

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mikeitu7, Nov 28, 2010.

1. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Needed some help here. I have a 2007 F450 dump with 6.0, I believe that the diesel pump went out. I no longer hear the humming noise when you opened the switch, and does not start anymore. Heard that it is mounted on the frame, but just want to make sure. And also if it is an easy replacement that I can do myself. THanks

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

If your pump is dead your fuel tank is probably delaminating ,It is a very common problem on the F-450 and 550. If you google it you will see lots of info on this.
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

check the fuel pump inertia switch first. it is behind the passenger side kick panel. there is a hole in the top of the panel, and the push button is bewind that.
    i have seen many 6.0 trucks trip the inertia switch from something as simple as jumping a curb or hitting a decent size pothole.
  4. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Thanks guys i will do that when i get a chance. I have not put to much attention to turn the truck on. Ive been managing to finish up the clean ups with on truck.