1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel prices effecting new trucks being developed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bribrius, Jun 20, 2008.

1. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

watching bloomberg and the guy said that due to fuel prices he expects pickups to revert back to having the basic customers they had twenty five years ago. farmers, landscapers, carpenters etc.

said most of the crew cab and new availbable options came out because people were using the vehicles for family use instead of work and he expects that to change back as families buy cars over trucks now to save fuel dollars.

any comments?

i was also thinking about development and if there might be a revert back to less options and generally tougher trucks, only maybe with six cyclinder diesels or something over the next ten years.

just thinking..............

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

It could be a change for the better maybe then GM will start putting a SFA under there pickups again.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Dodge has a 6 cylinder Diesel now...always has

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i think that would be a great move. im in the market for a new dump and its hard to find one without the bells and whistles...who needs that

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

No, Cummins has a 6 cylinder diesel.

Sorry just putting it out there. ussmileyflag

6. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

WHAT!?!?!?!?..... No heated/cooled seats, Navigation, DVD player, multi functional center not really usable but cool/heated cup holder center consuls?????????

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Good!!!!!!!!! I had 2 80's K20 Chevys with nothing but bare bones work truck and liked it more than all the full loaded junk. Maybe if they go back to a "real" truck again, maybe they wont be so ugly and not cost as much. I would be happy as heck to see a nice 2500HD with a SFA under it

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i hope so...way to much junk, too many problems, and hard to fix the problems that matter with all stuff in the way

If you ask me the trucks should work like nascars....... Just put a flat panel dash, individual gauges.....toggle switchs for every function .... Ill keep the power window, the basic am/fm radio, and power mirrors and a regular cup holder

beaf up the suspention, put over sized axles so my pick up truck can haul like 10,000lbs payload , springs and steering....big huge brakes, with big huge brake lines that dont rust

make the hood and fendors flip open as one unit similar to a semi, I just dont want it to be the size of a semi

oh and put the cummis in it..!!!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008