1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Pressure drops to 0 and put 36 gal in 34 gal tank!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JDiepstra, Feb 1, 2009.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Wow I guess I ran that one a little too close. I frequently run the truck pretty low on fuel. I know it may not be the best thing and all but hey, who likes freezing at the gas station more than they need to?

On my way home today I looked at the fuel pressure gauge and it was normal, around 10 PSI. Look a minute later, 6 PSI. Hmmm, thats odd, didn't think I was that low! Accelerating up a hill, towards the fuel station and I watch it slowly dip all the way to 0. I get to the station and put 36 gallons in my 34 gallon tank without topping it off! Fuel pressure back up to 10 PSI. Phew! Close one.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I never let my fuel get below 1/2 tank because a lot of the Dodge diesels have inaccurate fuel gauges.
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I completely agree but am going with the AirDog. Just waiting for it to warm up. AirDog and tranny actually.

I don't know if it would have helped in this situation though because I must have literally been out of fuel. I can maintain about 4 psi with the Juice on 5 and the MP-8 at 100% when there is fuel in the tank.