1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel On The Rise !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Dec 2, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

We took delivery of 287 gallons of (ULS) diesel fuel yesterday, it ran $712.00 that's terminal cost! I noticed in my travels diesel from $2.87 to $2.99 at exxon/mobil. I guess they are about to slam us again!:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

2. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Of course the oil companies ride on our backs. It gets cold so demand goes up and the prices follow.

Oil heat @ home
    F550 diesel
    F250 diesel
    50hp Kubota
    21hp Kubota

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

they couldn't use the "hurricane's-a-coming" excuse this summer to raise prices, so now they're jumping early into the "home heating oil" excuse. We're still around $2.69-2.77

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

supply vs. demand.........look into it............not everything is a conspiracy......

prices are about the same as last year this time....

I paid $2.44 for Diesel this week.....

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  5. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

actually the opec countries wernt happy with the price of oil dropping to near 50 dollars a barrel again, so they cut production by 100mil barrels a day, just to drive their profits back up. its only a matter of time before gas ect goes back up.

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

so demand relative to the available suppy has increased........then the price goes up.........really

basic economics.......

It's their oil they can do what they want with it....... If the environmentalists would let us drill we would not be so affected by this.......

D

7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

in des moines it was 2.14 as of 230am:drinkup: :drinkup:

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just what I need to hear, now I can make even less money plowing snow.