1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Mileage after deletes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigc1301, Mar 12, 2013.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I have a 2010 F250 6.4 liter. I did the egr and dpf delete and put a k&n air filter on. I got a sct tuner and got the tunes from Innovative Diesel (Xtreme Street and towing). Question is i got no gains at all in my fuel mileage. Figured it would go up some but it didnt change anything. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We did the dpf delete with a SCT on a 2008, gained a solid 4mpg with the lowest hp tune, like 30hp increase.

We did this to purely chase a problem we had in this truck that Ford couldn't figure out - got it figured out and took the delete pipe and tuner off. Ours puffed black smoke every now and then plus the sound difference was way to obvious - any fine was too much to deal with and hearing that it's 10g, it just isn't worth it.

The tree huggers should really look at the fuel milage verses emissions BS - "normal" diesels in pickups don't puff all this obvoius black smoke - a 25% decrease in fuel mileage to gain better emmisions doesn't make much sense to me.
  3. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

That's crazy! I did the dpf/doc delete, custom innovative tunes, an afe intake and my mpg around town went from 7.5 to 16.5 and highway was at about 23mpg
  4. my69coronetrt

my69coronetrt Junior Member

08 with 6.4 dpf delete and tuner running on about 30 hp tune. Very noticeable gains id say average all around driving would have been around 3mpg. Plus i can let it warn up decently in cold weather without regen headache
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You need to remember to take your foot out of the throttle a little with the extra power gain. My 07 duramax idles at 1300rpm at 100kph and saves fuel. If I show boat or put my foot down the fuel needle follows it quickly.
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've tuned my last 5 trucks. Maybe 2 mpg avg more.
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Im pretty sure Innovative recommends the race tune for the best MPG'S. At least that is what Eric recommended to my friend when he had his 6.4.