1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Line Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by farmboy4, Sep 6, 2001.

1. farmboy4

farmboy4 Junior Member

I have an 87 chevy with the 305. I put in a new engine with a different intake manifold and it changed the position of the throttle body. I was going to use braided steel fuel line (high pressure fuel pump system) for ease of use but i am having trouble finding the specialty ends that the old fuel line uses. I have been told these ends are metric.

What would you do
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you already bought the braided line? If not, "regular" fuel line isn't that hard to work with.

Or, and I say this without being 100% sure exactly how your truck's system is configured, are there fittings available which will allow you to adapt from what's on your truck to what will fit your hose?
  3. erob914

erob914 Junior Member

Try contacting an Aeroquip dealer in your area,if there is one. They specialize in all kinds of hose applications.
    I had a hose made for a monoshock on my dirtbike. Kawasaki wanted $101.00 for a 1' rubber coated hose with a banjo fitting at both ends. The aeroquip dealer made me one steel braided for $30.00.
  4. Captkaos

Captkaos PlowSite.com Veteran

The TBI should have had Braided lines already running to it. Could you not bend the end to make them fit, or has it moved up to far?