1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel inector sizes?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SCSIndust, Apr 29, 2003.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Does anyone know what size fuel injectors are on a 1988 E250 Van with a 351 motor, with TPI? Thanks!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Ford codes the injectors by color.Take a look at the top half of the injector body,and note the color.I don't have the list handy,but a Ford dealer can look them up.

Ford uses many different injectors in those motors,so you either need the color or the calibration code.The calibration code is on the drivers door (or jamb),and will look something like this "8-26E-R00".
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Chris, is there anything you don't know about Fords? I sure am impressed!

Wish your shop was a bit closer to Poughkeepsie...:(
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Well,Fords were my specialty.Worked at a busy Ford dealer for 8 years,so I know them pretty well.Started off as a engine\drivetrain tech,and worked my way all the way up to master diagnostics and troubleshooting,which was the coveted top job at the dealer.

Now that I run my own shop,I kinda have to know a little of everything,as we see just about everything in the shop.Including Lawn equipment,heavy equipment,etc.