1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel guage problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dsrour, Dec 29, 2002.

1. dsrour

dsrour Junior Member

On my 98 Sub, fuel guage readings erratic, doesn't go to full, has slight vibration of needle. Fuelpump and sensor replaced by dealer and still not working. Any thoughts?

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Did they replace the sending unit in the tank also when they did the fuel pump? Most problems with the fuel gauge are usually solved with a new sending unit from my experiences. Mike

3. dsrour

dsrour Junior Member

Yes it was replaced.

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hmm, ok then the only other thing i could think of would be the gauge itself on the dash is faulty, or there is possibly a bad connection somewhere or bad ground. Mike

5. dsrour

dsrour Junior Member

Thanks. I was thinking maybe bad ground too. Any idea where to look. My radio amp sometimes cuts out too and then works normally . Started about same time. Any connection ie bad ground etc. Can the guage be replaced separately or do you have to get whole cluster?