1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mayhem, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Just got my truck back from the shop. New fuel pump to replace the one that burned out on me from trying to push fuel through a very clogged filter. Guy at the shop said it was so clogged that they couldn't even blow air through it. Drove into work just fine, wouldn't start at lunch...no warning, no rough idle...nothing. Don't forget the regular maintenance guys...a few bucks for a fuel filter would have saved me $650 in towing and repairs.

In another note, normally they unbolt the bed and slide it off to replace the fuel pump, but apparently one of the prior owners had welded the bed onto the frame. He said maybe to hold a fifth wheel hitch, anyone else know why this might have been done? Wierd, but it helps explain why the structure seems so solid for a 10 year old truck.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I just dealt with that in my 2500. One of the bed bolts stripped and wouldnt come out, so I just made a little access hatch in the bed, lol. I did the pump, sending unit, fuel filter, and a new pressure regulator. Do you know if they replaced that? Sometimes those go bad and have alot to do with the pump going out. Kinda nuts someone welded the bed on. At least you never have to worry about it being stolen, lol