1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Costs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Tarkus, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Some possible good news. Whole sale crude futures have dropped nearly 15 % in to days and whole sale gas and deisle has dropped 7 cent a gallon today alone. Biggest one day drop I have seen in a long time. This will make what ever snow you get more profitable if it stays this way.

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I have seeen the fuel prices drop a little around here also, unfortunately, we oil burners don't get to see the prices drop like that. The stations around here just keep on charging higher prices for the diesel, I guess because they don't move the same volume as the thinner stuff. I could stand to see 1.25 a gallon myself. How 'bout you?

3. Tarkus

Gas here is as low as 1.69 at the moment and diesel is 2.19 but diesel around here always cost more than gas in winter due to heating oil demand.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We play the pricing game everyday. In the morning gas starts out at 78.9/litre. All through the day gas goes down bit by bit. By 6pm it has dropped to 70.9. It stays like that all night until daybreak where they put it back up for all those people that need fuel to get to work. Diesel stays the same though. They raise it a few cents in the fall and drop it back down in the spring.

5. Dnipro Max

Dnipro Max Member

Here we paying much more that everyone alls for gas $2.11 for Diesel $2.29, diesel did drop from $2.39 about few weeks ago, gas prety much stays the same.

6. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Yeah, around here priced dropped about 8-9 cents per gallon on gas. Diesel has kept it's price, or risen, depending where you go.

7. Tarkus

I just filled up with premium for $1.78 and diesel is still $2.19 here.

8. Tarkus

Latest update, 1.59 for gas and diesel is still 2.19 (that 60 cents difference now or about 30% more)

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I just filled up today for 1.78 a gallon, I can't remeber the last time it was that low. lol

Tarkus,

Where are you located?