1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Cost

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Feb 15, 2000.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Diesel prices are 2.09 in maine. What are they where you guys are? I have been buy diesel in 600 gallon tanks lately, and pay 195 right now. <p>Geoff

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It was up to 2.29 last week but is as low as 1.89 right now. I have parked my 98 diesel and have gone back to my 84 gas truck.<br>We havent had much snow since the raise in price, but if we do I am going to add a fuel charge to the bill to offset diesel fuel.<br>I leave an out in my contracts for this type of thing<br>Dino <br><p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

4. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

Fuel took a dive out here last week 1.35 at the pump, My delivery on site was 1.87<p>----------<br>paul<br>

5. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Here in Ontario a litre of unleaded (we don't use diesel) goes for 68.5 cents. That would be equivalent to $2.60/gallon for you guys. Our provincial government is supposedly going to be looking into the collusion between the gas companies up here with regards to price fixing. I'll believe it when I see it. <p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Diesel and fuel oil have been dropping, diesel at $1.89 local, heating oil $1.47 yesterday when they filled my tank but expect reg unleaded to retail at $1.75/gal in the northeast by spring, this from my buddy who drives a tanker for citgo. Keep this in mind when pricing for spring.<p>Bill

7. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

I heard the same thing about gas in a report last night from the energy secretary. He termed this a price issue, not a supply issue, which I think is correct. I have about 100 gal. left in my stock tank that I paid about 1.65 for. I won't be filling it again until prices drop at the rack, instead I'll go to the pumps, which I think will come down quicker. Good news though, the diesels still get better mileage than the gas jobs.<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider

8. ChucksChevyPages

ChucksChevyPages Guest

Here in Northern NJ, I looked at diesel last week. It was $1.9599<br>May as well be $2 a gallon.<br>Not the most legal thing to do, but years ago, the prices rose, and a buddy was running 5 diesels hauling mail for the US govt. To overcome the increase, he began using some excess fuel he had. Turns out he used to get his heating oil tanks filled at his 3 houses just before winter. When the prices went up, he started pumping it out of the tanks into the trucks. Sometimes he'd fill the trucks 1/2 way, to offset the cost, and top them off at the pumps. He started doing it years ago, when there was no local stations to buy diesel at, and he needed it for his back hoe. When the 80's gas crunch came, stations started selling diesel, so he stopped that practice. When the prices rose, he started pumping it out of the house tanks, into the trucks.<p>~Chuck<p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://members.aol.com/csmith669/plowcentral.html