1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel charge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gkm, Nov 29, 2004.

1. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else is charging an additional fuel charge to total bill? I've seen a proposal for example of 7% fuel charge to all costs payup

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This has been discussed on here a few times recently... If I recall most of us thought it wasn't a great idea. Do a search in the forum and have a read.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I do but only if there is a very BIG jump in prices.

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I don't and I agree with what derekbroerse said.

Rick

5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

since gasoline prices have been rather low here lately I don't think people will like that. Even if diesel isn't dropping yet, people don't check diesel prices and wont understand.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Well you have to have a "out" should gas suddenly spike to 2.50 or 3.00 dollars a gallon or more should middleast concerns drive prices wildly as I do not build this coverage into bid. Right now it is about 1.76/gal at the moment. I have had one for years but I have yet to have used it but none the less my clients are aware of it.

7. PlowPig

PlowPig Junior Member

We add a Fuel Surcharge statement in our Terms and conditions which states the prices quoted are based on fuel charges being 1.70 or less and we reserve the right to add a surcharge to protect ourselves :gunsfiring: