1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel atomizers/magnets/economy

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Trike1, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Trike1

Trike1 Junior Member
    from wis

Just bought 01 Dodge 2500 quad to serve as my work and personal truck. It does plow snow in winter. I bought it with the v10, :( without researching the matter enough and am now very concerned about my gas milage. The truck was to be our first choice for highway useand will also see alot of town driving. Anyone have history of what to expect?

Anyone have any knowledge or history will fuel saving devices, such as atomizers or magnets?

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The good news is the truck will tow and plow what ever you need too tow or push. The bad news is you will see marginal fuel mileage at best. 8 or 9 city , 11 or 12 highway not towing. Best advice for fuel economy is avoid "Jack Rabbit" starts lol.
    Fuel economy is a big deal now for every one. No magic device will help, just try too not haul everything you own all the time. Keep her tuned up, proper tire inflation. Clean air filter. You know they all help.
    T

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

the fuel saving devices are all gimmicks designed to simply part you from your money.

Put a tonnou cover on the bed- it will help with milage a bit (1%-3%), keep the engine tuned up, put on highway tires (not all seasons for summer and highway use), remove any air obstructions when not needed (take off the lightbat as soon as the snow is gone- no antennas un needed...). Be gentle on the pedal.

Great trucks, plenty of power for anything. Milage is horrible, it's just a fact of a big V engine.

Stark looking for a Diesel model to trade it for. With 4:10's I get 15-16.

4. Trike1

Trike1 Junior Member
    from wis

Thanks for info guys...what about throttle body spacers or air intake kits, anyone have any experience. They are supposed to br more efficient with more air, if your not in it does this equal mph? How about chips?

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

None of the spacers or chips claim better gas/fuel economy, just more power. But be carefull with a chip as you may now need to allways run premium for the advanced timing. The diesels do better mpg with more air and exhaust. Take her easy and your mileage will get better, my Hemi 4.10 gear is about 11.6 mpg around town, okay for a gasser.
    Todd