1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fuel additive

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EXR, Jan 27, 2011.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

My truck is in getting the egr un plugged and im thinking about running an additive. Dealer has the ac delco brand they suggested.
    Any advice?

I live in southwest ontario, so it does get pretty cold Jan-Feb.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

How about Seafoam?

3. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

sounds like you idle the truck to much, if you keep having to get your erg cleaned out soon you will need to have it replaced.

4. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

The fuel injector cleaner that GM use to sell branded as their own was Chevron Techron. I don't know if that is the case these days. This is what I mostly use.

Wayne

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Additives won't help. I have mine "unplugged" ;)

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Never heard good or bad--but probably WAY overpriced.I've used Howe's Lubricator,Schaeffers,and Power Service in my truck diesels[including 3 Dmaxs] and excavating iron forever.You want a de emulsifier treat for whatever additive you choose so that the water will fall out of suspension and then get drained out of your ''water in fuel'' bowl on the bottom of your filter.Use the combo fuel lubricity and anti-gel EVERY fill.

7. EXR

EXR Senior Member

ok thanks I'll see who carries it around here

8. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston